Based on the observation of the person, WRITE a 4-6 page, typed paper which describes the person’s behavior.
• You should describe the subject’s behaviors in relation to the following developmental areas: physical, psychosocial, and cognitive.
• You should analyze your subject’s behaviors according to related developmental theorists from the assigned readings in your text, as appropriate for subject’s developmental level e.g. CDC growth charts for children & adolescents, adults, Erickson, Kohlberg, Mahler, Maslow, Neugarten, and Piaget. (not all of these theories will apply to your subject).
1. Begin with an introduction that describes the setting in which the observations took place and individuals interacting with the subject.
2. The first part of the paper should begin with a description of what the individual did during the observation
3. Include the subject’s estimated age, height, weight, physical appearance, actions, in the verbalizations, emotions, type of play or activity in the way in which the subject related to others and to objects and the environment
4. The second part of the paper should analyze the observation of the subject. Compare specific examples of the person’s behavior with the expected “norms” for that age
group from the readings (text and/or other references).
5. Keep in mind that depending on the age of the subject, some areas below may not apply.
Include in the Analysis:
You should analyze your subject’s behaviors according to developmental theorists from the assigned readings in your text, as appropriate for subjects developmental level e.g. Erickson, Kohlberg, Mahler, Maslow, and Piaget.
1. Physical (Growth Charts and Textbook References)
a. What is the person’s level of physical development/abilities?
b. Are there any developmental spurts or delays, declining ability?
c. How does the physical development influence play/recreation, school, work or other activities?
2. Psychosocial (Erickson)
a. What stage of psychosocial development was observed?
b. What is the critical task for the stage and how was it expressed in play and/or interpersonal
3. Cognitive (Piaget)
a. What is the subject’s stage of cognitive development?
b. How does the level of cognitive development influence the individual’s behavior in: play,
language, relations with others, etc. reading, problem solving
5. Object Relations (Mahler)
a. Where is the young child in the separation-individualization process?
6. Hierarchy of needs (Maslow)
a. Describe the subject’s level of need according to the pyramid.
b. Analyze why the subject/s is at the recorded level of need.
7. Moral Development (Kohlberg, Piaget)
a. Describe value systems and any behaviors observed related to this area
• It is important to support your conclusions in the analysis with references.
• Do not use the first person or I. “Refer to yourself as” this observer.”
• Identify the subject by initials only. Do not use the subject’s first name.
• Proof-read the paper and make appropriate corrections in content, spelling, and grammar.
• Use 7th Edition APA Manual format or style and proper citation of references. Use the writing
lab and web resources provided on blackboard and connect to assist you with 7th Edition
INSTRUCTIONS: Based on the observation of the person, WRITE a 4-6 page, typed p